In this article by Pierre Jannez, published on InfoQ you’ll get a good understanding of why Scrum and the TPS are a great combo for IT teams:
- Scrum, the Toyota Way and Toyota Production System (TPS) have common foundations regarding values and intents
- Agile and TPS can be used together to deliver better results
- Visualization and pulling element through a takt time are mandatory to identify the right problems
- TPS brings to agility a sound problem-solving framework that helps accelerate production flow
- The marriage of Agile and TPS are visible in quality and value production with a x3-x5 factor.
Read on on InfoQ.com : https://www.infoq.com/articles/scrum-sistema-producao-toyota/