In this article published on InfoQ.com, Marc Legru and Kevin Raynel share the example of a mobile applications startup.
- When faced with a problem, people in technology companies often feel pressured to jump to a solution quickly
- These solutions may work but are often not optimal and may have unintended consequences
- Applying a rigorous approach to formulating problems, diagnosing the root causes, performing relevant corrective actions, evaluating the effects, helps create a better understanding of the work and improves day-to-day job practices of people
- Lean thinking brings a structured approach to exposing and removing waste in the development process
- Different categories of waste require different approaches to resolving them
Read on https://www.infoq.com/articles/lean-problem-solving/